Thursday, November 13, 2014

sis·ter·hood
ˈsistərˌho͝od/
noun
  1. 1.
    the relationship between sisters.
  2. 2.
    an association, society, or community of women linked by a common interest, religion, or trade.



Sisterhood to us is late night conversations after a long night out on the weekend. It's crawling in each other's beds the next morning talking about everything that happened the night before, even though we were all together the entire time. It's staying in on a Saturday night binging on Netflix and Jimmy John's after Friday night was too rough, yet still having the time of our life. 



The Support Bra.
God made us friends because He knew no mother could handle us as sisters. 

It's coming home after a crappy day and having your sisters greet you at the door with a hug and your favorite Sonic drink. It's going on a date wearing Maggie's dress, Anna's necklace, and Virginia's shoes while they group text you throughout the whole night asking how the date is going. It's walking into an Accounting exam that starts at 7:00 and receiving a good luck text at 6:59 then walking out with six messages asking how it went and what kind of wine you want to celebrate with that you survived. 

"Don't walk in front of me and be my leader, don't walk behind me and be my follower, but walk beside me and be my sister."


It's when your brother is in the hospital and your sisters research what Chrons disease is so they can hold your hand and understand what your family is going through. It's coming to your real home after surgery to find your sisters waiting with a poster signed by everyone in the sorority and your favorite candy. 



"Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."


 It’s the feeling you get when something exciting happens and they’re the first people you want to tell. It’s the feeling when you’re at your lowest and just seeing them completely turns your mood around. It's writing this right now with chills and tears. It’s support, your getaway, your backbone, and your motivation.



"Our sisterhood is not a destination, but a journey."











I've learned more from my sisters than I have anyone else. They've taught me about life, character, and dignity. I've learned that it's okay to show emotions every now and then. Just because you cry doesn't mean you're weak. I've learned that opening up isn't always a bad thing. Some things you aren't meant to keep to yourself. I've learned the true meaning of friendship. Everyone needs someone who will stand up and have their back at the end of the day, even when they're wrong. They've made me the woman I am today.

                                                "Not four years, for life"







1 comment:

  1. I think this blog does a great job describing exactly what you get out of being in a sorority. The lifelong friendships and memories that we have shared these four years are nothing compared to the what the future hold for all of us together. This is exactly how I see sorority life and the pictures do nothing but prove that. I think this describes everything and paints the perfect picture for everyone to be able to visualize what is being talked about and how to really view the life that comes with being a sorority girl

    ReplyDelete